ClanPlay (GG Token) ICO Review – ICO Token News
Games have been well immersed into modern lives. There are numerous entities with evident interest to incentivize players to perform in-game actions, however there are no means of such engagement that are fraud resiliant. The quality of games keeps rising; technology getting more advanced and overall budgets for developing games are steadily growing. Consequentially, budgets for marketing games have increased, and yet these budgets are dedicated to centralized 3rd party platforms that treat their users as assets to be sold.
ClanPlay is introducing a new marketplace for in-game actions where players and interested entities can incentivize other players to act upon their causes. This will lead to a new meritocratic system where skill in games is financially valuable at large. Any action that can be tracked – can be paid for! We believe that the time has come for players to be directly compensated for trying out and playing new games, and blockchain is the facilitating catalyst to drive this revolution forward. Through smart contract that leverages ClanPlay’s technology, we can track player actions, time spent and contribution in games – thus enabling developers to pay users in proportion to how deeply they engaged with their games, doing so in a transparent and trust-less manner.
ClanPlay ltd. was formed in 2016 by games industry veterans: Leonard Frankel and Asaf Semo. The team, counting 7 people, has a combined experience of over 50 years in development of games and production of scalable digital consumer products. We launched with the goal of solving the flawed communication of mobile gamers and earlier this year, ClanPlay has become the highest rated app for gamers and has surpassed 1.5 million users. ClanPlay bestows a unique understanding of mobile gamers behaviour and game developers perspectives. ClanPlay is among only two games-related companies in the history of Israel to have received a government grant for technological innovation. ClanPlay’s investors include founders of very successful game companies and financial solutions – it is an all-around star team.
The ClanPlay App
ClanPlay aspires to provide a central platform for mobile gamers that caters to their every need, from chatting and discussion, through video consumption, influencer following and tools for their gaming course of life. Shown below are the first tools launched in the platform for two of the most popular mobile games: Clash of Clans and Clash Royale. These were built off of data collected from public and private APIs.
ClanPlay offers a wide range of channels for users to connect and communicate. These include public chat rooms which are available to everyone in the app without requiring to be added or registered to, private group chats and direct conversations as well as designated clan chats (in supported games) that synchronize with members list from within that game. For example, when you kick a player out of the clan in the game, they are also removed from that clan’s chat on ClanPlay.
Gamers are personally attached to their game profiles, they emotionally connect with them and often feel represented by them. In many games, advanced players operate multiple identities, as alternative characters, “mini accounts”, aliases on different servers and so on. ClanPlay maintains a unique approach to user identity that aggregates the wide array of personas a player has and ties them to their ClanPlay account
GOOD GAME (GG) TOKEN
ClanPlay is introducing a new marketplace for in-game actions where players and interested entities can incentivize other players to act upon their causes. A new meritocratic ecosystem will emerge where skill in games is financially valuable at large and any action that can be tracked – can be paid for!
We believe that the time has come for players to be directly compensated for trying out and playing new games, and that blockchain is the facilitating catalyst to drive this revolution forward. Through a smart contract that leverages ClanPlay’s technology, we can track player actions, time spent and contribution in games – thus enabling developers to pay users in proportion to how deeply they engaged with their games while doing so in a transparent and trust-less manner.
Purpose And Characteristics of Token
The token will be introduced as a utility cryptographic token for use in digital gaming activities. GG empowers trading of in-game actions, player compensation, rewards and payments. GG will serve as the basis of interoperability with other games interacting with the ClanPlay suite of applications. In character, GG is a fractionally divisible cryptographic token of fixed supply. A small portion of the GG supply will be offered to private purchasers in the near future, as most of the GG supply is reserved for rewards, marketing, operations and indie game developers support. Like other cryptocurrencies, units of GG are transferable, and they are expected to be traded on cryptocurrency exchanges.
ClanPlay will integrate wallets for each of its user’s accounts. The associated user interface will allow for common wallet interactions such as storage of ICO tokens and their transfer. Cryptocurrency technology comes with complexity that is typically challenging for most consumers. Issues of transaction fees, private keys, and alphanumeric addresses create usability-barriers for new users. ClanPlay will aim to significantly reduce onboarding frictions by removing obstacles such as non-personal account identifiers and so on.
Want to grab more information about ICO investment? Then read step by step guide to learn how to invest in ICOs.
- Leonard (Leo) Frankel - CEOLeonard is a games industry veteran and a serial entrepreneur, he was ranked among the top 10 business development executives in Israel 2015 by Geektime. Previously served as VP Business Development at Plarium (acquired $500M), where he set up multiple internal game studios and brought in dozens of $Ms in publishing and IP licensing deals. Before Plarium, Leonard founded UBT, a poker AI startup for which he raised $2.5m and was successful at creating an autonomous, profitable poker playing machine. Before UBT Leonard worked as a Crude Oil and Metals Trader.
Leonard holds a BA of Business Administration from the IDC Herzliya where he graduated with honors.
- Asaf Semo - CTOAsaf has more than 10 years experience in leading R&D teams in game companies, including Dragonplay (acquired $100M), Oberon Media and Pixel Play. Asaf architectured software products such as Dragonplay Poker, that reached a massive scale of several 10s of million of active players. Before founding ClanPlay, Asaf served as CTO at sFBI, a technological incubator where he architectured multiple software and hardware products simultaneously.
Asaf holds a B.T of Computer Science from the Shankar College.
- Saar Cohen - Director of Client DevelopmentSaar leads the development of all client-facing software at ClanPlay. Previously he served as a Senior Android Developer at Viber (Messaging app, acquired for ~1$bln) where he lead the development of Viber’s developers SDK. Before joining Viber, Saar served as the Lead Android Developer at Nextpeer (acquired by Viber) where he led their development of SDKs enabling multiplayer and social layers for 3rd party mobile games.
Saar holds a BSc in Computer Science and Bio-informatics from the Ben-Gurion University.
- Dmitry (Dima) Voronenkov - Director of Integrations ArchitectureDima leads the architecture and development of all access points between ClanPlay and various games supported in the platform. Previously Dima founded SSP Software and served as its CTO. At SSP Software he designed and led the development of enterprise software products. Before SSP he served as Head of IT at JSC Tomsk Oil and Gas Research and Design Institute.
Dima holds a Master's Degree in Electronic Engineering from Tomsk State University of Control Systems and Radioelectronics.
- Michael Krutoyarsky - iOS Development Team LeaderBefore ClanPlay Michael served as a Senior Software Engineer at Akzia.Apps and before that as an iOS Developer at the ADS Software Group.
Michael holds a B.S.C of Calculus Mathematics and Cybernetics from the Lomonosov Moscow University.
- Ori Nabarro - Community ManagerOri overseas ClanPlay’s relationships with its community as well as the personal and close relationships the company holds with various influencers and streamers. Under his meticulous care, the apps rating rose to become the highest in both app stores, 4.8 on Google Play and 4.9 on iOS. Before joining ClanPlay, Ori served in Product Management at Planet of the Apps and as a Game Designer at Sunset Games.
Ori holds a BA in Business Administration from the Derbi University.
- Oleksii (Alex) Shykun - Backend DeveloperOleksii is a software engineer with more than 7 years of development experience. Before joining ClanPlay he served as Back-end developer in BMC company building a SaaS integration platform for connecting various enterprise solutions. Previously Oleksii was in involved various challenging projects - developing Search APIs to support big data for automotive and real estate at Vast company, creating cashless cross-channel payment solution in Yapital and building financial solutions at EVRY Norge.
Oleksii holds a Master's Degree in Computer Science from the National Aviation University Institute of Computers Science, Kyiv Ukraine.
- Andrey Nayman - Founder, Tor Group (Advisor)Andrey is a blockchain evangelist and investor with vast experience in company leadership and M&A. Since 2010 he has been deeply involved in blockchain eco-systems, first as an investor and, from early 2017, as the founder of Tor Group. Tor Group, which acts as the first blockchain underwriter, takes mature and successful companies to the next level by helping them build a new, decentralized economy that widens their horizons
- Henric Suuronen - Games Entrepreneur & Investor (Advisor)Henric Suuronen, is a gaming focused angel investor and co-founder of Nonstop Games which was acquired by King for up-to $100m. Henric has worked with mobile games for over 14 years including as Director at Digital Chocolate and Head of Studio at wooga before co-founding Nonstop Games. After the King acquisition Henric served as Senior creative Director at King. Henric's angel investments include Huuuge Games, Futureplay Games, Traplight Games, Matchmade and Omniata (acquired by King). In total his 12 investments have raised >$120M of venture financing and Henric serves also as board member at Huuuge Games and Matchmade. Henric holds double master’s degrees in Computer Science and Business.
- 1Sep 2016
- Company formed
- 2Jul 2017
- Recieved government grant for
- 3Nov 2017
- Research on the Good Game
- 4Apr 2018
- ClanPlay featured by Supercell
inside Clash Royale
- Reaches 1.5 million users
- 5May 2018
- GG Whitepaper released
- Unveiled fully functional marketplace
prototype at Kin’s hackathon
- 6Jun 2018
- 5 Game developers join as
- 7Q3 2018
- Private sale
- Good Game Tournaments to
launch for ClanPlay users
- 8Q4 2018
- Peer to Peer, In-Game
Actions trading launch
- GG to trade on 2-3
- 9Q1 2019
- Direct Discovery
Campaigns to launch
- 20-30 game developer
- Support 3rd party
- GG to trade on 4-6
- 10Q2 2019
Marketplace to become a standalone platform
- Peer to Peer contracts decentralized
- GG to trade on 6-9 exchanges
- 11Q3 2019
- Direct Discovery Campaigns
- Real-world items shop
- GG to trade on 8-12 exchanges
- 12Q4 2019
GG Tournaments decentralized
- Monetization SDK for GG Contracts
- 50 -100 top games supported
- GG to trade on +10 exchanges